Last year was fabulous, so let’s do it again this year! Spousetivities is coming to EMC World again in 2012. If you are going to EMC World, you won’t want to leave your family and or friends behind. If your spouse, partner, or significant other is going to EMC World, you simply won’t want to stay behind! There will be activities for everyone.
The spa was a huge hit last year so once again, Spousetivities participants will be able to enjoy Canyon Ranch Spa at discounted rates. There will also be a visit to do some wine tasting. And did I mention that you’ll be escorted to the wine tasting via limousine? If massages, manicures, wine, and limousines don’t get your interest, what about a day of horseback riding in Red Rock Canyon? These are the confirmed activities thus far, but check back often, because I hope to offer the traditional “Get to Know You” breakfast and possibly other activities as well.
All this sound like fun? Want to know how to register? Excellent! Registration is available here. Don’t wait, sign up today as some activities have very limited space.
See you in Las Vegas in May!
First and foremost, I must send a huge thank you to EMC, eGroup, and Brocade for making the first ever EMC World Spousetivities a big success. We had more than 50 people in attendance at the various activities. The feedback was all positive and everyone had a great time.
Participants enjoyed breakfasts, shopping, sightseeing, a trip to Hoover Dam, and a relaxing spa day. The spa day was a huge hit and will most certainly be offered at future events. Guys and girls alike enjoyed this wonderful opportunity. Thank you so much to Debbie at Canyon Ranch Spa for making the spa day and breakfasts so stress free.
One thing that got everyone excited was the fabulous giveaways courtesy of our sponsors. The following is a list of all of our winners:
Sponsored by Brocade
- $50 Amazon Gift Card – Denise Shaver
- iPod Shuffle – Kelly Runyan-Heidler
- Amazon Kindle – Mary Clearman
Sponsored by eGroup
- iPod Nano – Josiah Peeples
- iPod Touch – Trupti Palekar
- iPad – Amy Saville
Sponsored by EMC
- iPod Nano – Susan Arvoy
- iPad – Kelly Petersen
With the success of the first EMC World Spousetivities, chances are very high that Spousetivities will return to EMC World in 2012! Hope to see you there!
Oh yes, and for those of you awaiting word on the new arrival to our family, our daughter gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Friday, May 13th. She weighed in at 9 lbs 2 oz. Check for pictures coming soon to the Spousetivities Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Spousetivities.
Thank you to everyone who has registered with Spousetivities. It is my pleasure to have you join in these events. I have worked very hard to make registration very simple and a smooth process. However, it has come to my attention that some people may still have questions or concerns about registration. Here are a few steps that will help make these events run smoothly.
- Once you register online, please wait to receive a confirmation from Eventbrite. Once you receive this confirmation, review it and make sure there are no errors.
- If you have received your confirmation but still have questions, please contact me directly as the EMC World event staff is not equipped to help with Spousetivities registrations.
- The fastest way to reach me is via e-mail. Or, you may reach me via Twitter (@Spousetivities).
Again, thank you for participating in these events and I look forward to meeting each of you this week.
Are you bringing your spouse, friend, parents, or significant other with you to EMC World 2011? If so, treat them to a relaxing day at the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian. Right now, if you book through the Spousetivities registration page, your guest can get one of several spa treatments at a 40% discount (courtesy of EMC Corporation). Spa options need to be booked by May 4th and are offered at this rate on Wednesday, May 11th only.
In addition to wonderful spa treatments, guests receiving the services get all day access to the spa facilities at no additional charge. For $90, you get a 55 minute service, all day access to the spa, and all day access to Aquavana™, the spa’s water oasis! For more details on what the spa has to offer, check out their page.
Remember, to receive this discount, you must register here. While you are signing up for these spectacular spa services, go ahead and check out the other great events happening too!
I’d like to send out some exciting information from the Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian and Palazzo. Make your reservation now for one of their express services and mention Spousetivities to receive a $20 discount.
Brought to you by Canyon Ranch SpaClub & Spousetivities
Exclusive offer for EMC World 2011 Attendees
$20 off any Express Service
- Express Tension Zone Therapy – $90 – This treatment is focused work using a variety of techniques to relieve muscle tension in the head, neck and shoulders. It can adjust to your needs.
- Express Sole Rejuvenation – $90 – It’s solely about rejuvenation for overworked and tired feet! Our delightful sugary lemon foot polish by Naturopathica will soften and cleanse to prepare feet for a dedicated warming foot massage using Prossage gel. A cooling gel application of Biofreeze completes the service. This service is great for those who have been on their feet or as an alternative or reflexology.
- Extremities (Head, Neck, and Feet) – $90 – For guests who love a great scalp massage, this services begins with focused work on the scalp, neck and upper shoulders, helping to restore circulation and relieve tension. Therapists then move to the feet and give each foot the pampering and attention they deserve! Tension Balm add-on is highly recommended!
- Custom Facial – $90 – The express custom facial turns all of our facial enhancements into a targeted, custom treatment. This allows the guest that is pressed for time, to zone in on their area of most concern. Each treatment starts with a custom consultation, followed by cleansing, toning, custom treatment, moisturizer.
For reservations and information, please call Debbie Presta at 702.414.3904 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Have more time? Ask about the 50 minute upgrade special.
Remember, this is good for all attendees of EMC World as well as Spousetivities participants so make your reservation now! You do not need to register with Spousetivities for this offer. All you have to do is mention Spousetivities when you make your reservation. This offer is good the whole week of the conference (May 8 – 14th).
For a list of services offered at Canyon Ranch Spa click here: http://bit.ly/gBd0Xb
(Canyon Ranch SpaClub is on the 4th floor of The Venetian and the 3rd floor of The Palazzo. Valid for 25 minute Express Services Spa services. Salon and retail not included. Must be 18 or older. May not be combined with any other offer. Based on availability.)
Still haven’t registered for Spousetivities at EMC World 2011? Well here is a great reason to register now! Everyone that registers for activities before April 25th will get an extra entry per activity in the drawing for these great prizes. After April 25th, registrants will get one entry per person, not per activity so don’t miss these extra chances at fantastic prizes.
As a reminder, our wonderful sponsors have enabled you to win prizes like iPods, iPads, gift certificates, and Kindles. Make sure you or the attendee stop by our sponsors—EMC, Brocade, and eGroup—and thank them for making all of the Spousetivities giveaways and events possible.
Remember, the drawings will be held at the breakfast events so make sure you register for those while you are checking out all the other exciting activities. There is still room for all activities so don’t delay because spaces are limited.
So what are you waiting for? Register now and get those extra chances at the great prizes!
As anyone who has participated in Spousetivities knows, we have the best sponsors. This year for EMC World–thanks to EMC, eGroup, and Brocade, our sponsors–everyone registering for the breakfasts and at least one activity has the opportunity to win some great prizes. In fact, Spousetivities will be giving away over $1500 in prizes! Who doesn’t like winning prizes?
Thanks to Brocade, attendees could win a $50 shopping certificate, an iPod shuffle, or an Amazon Kindle.
Likewise, thanks to EMC for the opportunity to win a 32GB Wi-Fi iPad. Of course, EMC is also the sponsor of our welcome and farewell breakfast events.
Finally, eGroup is giving attendees yet another shot at a 32GB Wi-Fi iPad or an iPod Touch.
This means attending Spousetivities not only gives you some great activities at reduced costs during the conference, but also the chance to meet some fantastic people and win prizes. Good fun, tasty food, great people, and awesome prizes–what more could you ask for?
Drawings for these items will be held at the breakfast events so don’t delay–go to the registration page and get signed up now!
Are you an EMC employee or customer and have plans to attend EMC World in Las Vegas this year? Or are you choosing not to attend because you don’t want to spend that time away from your family? Maybe you feel like you can’t bring the family because you don’t think Las Vegas is a “family friendly” destination. Well, think again! This year, thanks to EMC, eGroup, and Brocade, Spousetivities will be offered during the EMC World 2011.
How does that help with bringing the family? Great question! I have two reasons why you should re-consider attending EMC World 2011 and bringing your family with you:
1. Got kids? Perfect! Spousetivities is offering “kid friendly” options that are off the Strip and away from the more “grown up” attractions in Las Vegas. I have someone in place to be with the children during all child events, or you can attend activities with your child. How cool is that? Just contact me for further information (contact information is on the About page of this site).
2. No kids? Great! Come to EMC World 2011 and let your adult family and friends join other spouses, friends, parents, and/or significant others for fun activities on and near the Strip. With the purchase of a Las Vegas Power Pass, many of the activities will be available at no additional cost to you. Other activities are being offered at greatly reduced prices thanks to our sponsors. Some of these activities include:
- Hoover Dam Tour and Ethel M. Chocolate Factory Tour for $20 per person (normally $59.99). This tour includes a private motor coach so it will be our group only. Kids of all ages are welcome on this tour.
- Shopping excursion to the Factory Outlets
- Shopping excursion on the Strip
- Spa options (normally $160 per treatment, now $90)
There really is something for everyone so don’t delay, get registered today!
The wait is finally over! The registration page for Spousetivities at EMC World 2011 is live!
Personally, I’m really excited thinking about this year’s activities at EMC World 2011 in Las Vegas. It will be the first year that I’ll be organizing activities for EMC World, so it will be great to have a new set of people to meet. It’s been awesome to meet new people at the VMworld Spousetivities, and I’m really looking forward to meeting even more new people, forming new friendships, and having a great time.
Complete details on all the activities are available at the registration page, but here’s a quick look at what’s planned:
- We’ll have our customary Welcome/”Get to Know You” breakfast, which will be an exclusive breakfast at the Canyon Ranch Spa at The Venetian. In addition, I’m also adding a Farewell breakfast on Thursday. In addition to great food and great company, you’ll also have the opportunity to win some fantastic prizes (generously provided by our sponsors: EMC, eGroup, and Brocade). Food, fun, and prizes? Awesome!
- Shopping and sightseeing tours will be available for Monday and Tuesday. There are a couple of different options available.
- Wednesday is “Spa Day,” with a variety of spa treatments available, all at reduced rates (again, thanks to the sponsors!). Conveniently, Wednesday is also the day of the conference party that night. That works out well, doesn’t it? In fact, you might even think that someone planned it that way…
Of course, one of the great things about Spousetivities is that it’s not just about participating in the planned activities. It’s about connecting people with each other. So many friendships have been formed out of these activities, and I anticipate that it will happen again in Las Vegas in just a few weeks. Feel free to join us, even if you don’t want to join in the planned activities. It’s entirely possible that you’ll make some new friends along the way!
As usual, Spousetivities participants will get a funny T-shirt this year (we think your IT spouses are going to love it!) and a cool gift bag. But you have to participate in the breakfasts in order to get this stuff, so be sure to head over to the registration page to get signed up. There is a small cost for the breakfast, but the majority of the cost for this exclusive event has been offset by our corporate sponsors.
For the first time ever, Spousetivities is offering youth activities. This is not a baby-sitting service. Rather, these are activities designed for the young people including a day of fun at Sky Zone (indoor trampoline park) and kids centered excursions off the strip and professionally supervised. Please contact me for full details.
Don’t miss out—head over to the registration page now to get signed up!
Here we go folks…
I have been working feverishly to get plans in place for the first annual EMC World Spousetivities! Here’s a quick preview of some of the things I’m working on for this conference.
For those who have attended these events during VMworld, you know that we always open the events with a “Get to Know You” breakfast. This tradition will be continued at EMC World. You won’t want to miss the fun drawings for great gifts at the breakfast! I won’t mention any names, but something that starts with “i” and rhymes with “Bad” is not inconceivable…
In addition to breakfast, I’m arranging a spa day. Don’t worry, gentlemen, I have not forgotten about you. Services will be available for both men and women and will include massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, and access to Pilates classes and other exercise opportunities. A complete list will be available soon and registration should open next week. This special day of pampering comes just in time to be ready for the EMC World party Wednesday night. Convenient, isn’t it?
Another activity will be “a day on the Strip.” Groups will visit the dancing fountains at the Bellagio, the Eiffel Tower, and various other “must sees” in Vegas. I am also working on a trip to Old Vegas for the day.
For families, Spousetivities is offering a day at Hoover Dam, a day in Old Nevada (this is different than Old Vegas), and possibly a day trip to the Grand Canyon. I am also working on having a children’s coordinator in place to offer activities for the children while the parent participates in some of the other activities. Because of the conference being so close to Mother’s Day, having the option of bringing the family is a great way to enjoy the benefits of both.
If your spouse, partner, or significant other is going to EMC World, you simply won’t want to stay behind! These activities will include fun for everyone. I will have more information here soon, so subscribe to the RSS feed for automatic updates, or visit back often!