Let’s head to the fun and diverse city of Austin, TX! This year, Spousetivities tags along to DockerCon and offers up some great events for your partner while you network and learn. If you’ve never heard of Spousetivities, check out this info so you know what we’re all about. If you already know about Spousetivities, then head on over to the registration site and get registered so you don’t miss out on the fun.
Still not sure this is right for you? Read on to find out a little more about the activities in beautiful Austin.
Here’s a quick overview of the activities:
- Tuesday – We will venture out of Austin and into Waco to stroll the aisles and take in all the Magnolia Market has to offer. If you haven’t heard of Magnolia Market, it’s the brainchild of Chip and Joanna from HGTV’s “Fixer Upper”. Whether you’re looking for a one of a kind trinket, or just looking to explore Texas, this is a day not to miss. A trip to Texas is never complete without a food truck lunch so that is another part of this great day.
- Wednesday – This is a longer day, but so worth it! Not only will we tour LBJ State Park, we will also dine at Hye Market. To make the day even more perfect, we will wrap up the day in the quaint town of Fredericksburg. Again, you don’t want to miss this day trip!
- Thursday – This is a day that literally has everything! We’ll see all the highlights in Austin then head out to Hill Country. This day we will feast on the famous Salt Lick BBQ before exploring two great wineries, complete with tastings! If you can only join one day, this is it!
This week is brought to us thanks to the support of VMware NSX.
Now you’re convinced right? OK, so here’s one more thing to sweeten the deal. Prizes! Each day you tour with Spousetivities, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a great prize. We’ve given away everything from iPods to VR headsets to iPads. Now, head on over to the registration page and sign up for one or all of these great events. See you in Austin!
Sorry for the pun in the title, but we are really excited to announce that Spousetivities will be available at DockerCon 2016 (June 20–21) in Seattle, WA! Registration is open right now.
Here’s a bit more information about what we have planned for activities at DockerCon:
- Morning yoga: On both Monday, June 20, and Tuesday, June 21, Docker staff member Adam will be leading a morning yoga session on the lawn at the Sheraton (the conference hotel). The cost is $10 each day, and don’t worry about bringing your own yoga mat—a yoga mat is included with your ticket! This will be a great way to keep up with your fitness goals while traveling.
- Food, Fun, and the Zoo: On Monday, we’ve arranged a set of activities intended to be “family friendly” and suitable for people traveling with or without children. This tour will start with a set of tastings from around Seattle (chocolate, anyone?) and finish out with plenty of time at the Woodland Park Zoo. Reduced pricing for children under 12 is available.
- Experience Seattle (Option 1): The first of the two Seattle-area tours is on Monday. Monday’s tour is a bit more geared towards adults and/or adults with older children. Stops on this tour include the Space Needle, Pike Place Market (and the original Starbucks location!), Pioneer Square, and the Kerry Park scenic overlook. Lunch is included.
- Waterfall, Chocolate and Wine: This is a more adult-focused tour on Tuesday, June 21. Two wineries with tastings, lunch, and a visit to the Squonalmie Falls are included. Because of the wine tastings, we don’t recommend taking children on this event.
- Seattle City and Aquarium: On Tuesday, June 21, is the second of two Seattle-area tours. This is a tour that you can do with or without kids, but is tailored a bit more for people with kids. This tour includes the Space Needle, Pioneer Square (with additional possible stops), and the aquarium. Lunch is included with your ticket, and reduced pricing for children under 12 is available.
Here’s a quick “TL;DR” on the events:
- If you’re traveling with kids, we recommend Monday’s food/fun/zoo tour and the Seattle-area tour on Tuesday.
- If you’d prefer a trip without as many kids or with older kids, then go for Monday’s Seattle-area tour and the wine tastings on Tuesday.
All tours will depart from the Sheraton (the conference hotel), and times are posted on the registration page in the description for each activity. (Don’t worry, we’ll remind you via e-mail. Just be sure to use a valid e-mail address when registering!)
Seating is limited on all events, so register now to save your spot. See you in Seattle!