Tired of leaving the family behind when it’s time for a conference? After all, you know you need to go; it’s good for your career. You learn, you get hands-on training, and you make connections in the industry. Why wouldn’t you go to another conference? Oh, that’s right—the family is having to stay behind again. It’s so hard to leave the other parent to manage everything while you’re gone, even if it’s for a good reason. Right?
Not this time! You don’t have to leave anyone behind. DockerCon is offering childcare for infants through age 12 each day of the conference. That frees you up to stay focused on everything the conference has to offer. Wait, what about my spouse? Or my boyfriend? Or even my parents or siblings that want to go to a great city like Austin? No worries there, Spousetivities has you covered! Thanks to the support of VMware NSX, for less than $250pp your loved one gets 3 days of incredible activities, including transportation, food, wine tastings, and fabulous tours. Don’t forget, they also get daily chances to win awesome prizes.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register your family for these great opportunities. It’s sure to be a conference like no other! It’s a triple slam with DockerCon for you, DockerCon Childcare for the younger ones, and Spousetivities for the non-attendee grown-ups.
See you in Austin!
Let’s head to the fun and diverse city of Austin, TX! This year, Spousetivities tags along to DockerCon and offers up some great events for your partner while you network and learn. If you’ve never heard of Spousetivities, check out this info so you know what we’re all about. If you already know about Spousetivities, then head on over to the registration site and get registered so you don’t miss out on the fun.
Still not sure this is right for you? Read on to find out a little more about the activities in beautiful Austin.
Here’s a quick overview of the activities:
- Tuesday – We will venture out of Austin and into Waco to stroll the aisles and take in all the Magnolia Market has to offer. If you haven’t heard of Magnolia Market, it’s the brainchild of Chip and Joanna from HGTV’s “Fixer Upper”. Whether you’re looking for a one of a kind trinket, or just looking to explore Texas, this is a day not to miss. A trip to Texas is never complete without a food truck lunch so that is another part of this great day.
- Wednesday – This is a longer day, but so worth it! Not only will we tour LBJ State Park, we will also dine at Hye Market. To make the day even more perfect, we will wrap up the day in the quaint town of Fredericksburg. Again, you don’t want to miss this day trip!
- Thursday – This is a day that literally has everything! We’ll see all the highlights in Austin then head out to Hill Country. This day we will feast on the famous Salt Lick BBQ before exploring two great wineries, complete with tastings! If you can only join one day, this is it!
This week is brought to us thanks to the support of VMware NSX.
Now you’re convinced right? OK, so here’s one more thing to sweeten the deal. Prizes! Each day you tour with Spousetivities, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a great prize. We’ve given away everything from iPods to VR headsets to iPads. Now, head on over to the registration page and sign up for one or all of these great events. See you in Austin!
Were you one of the fortunate ones to join us on the incredible tours in beautiful Barcelona during VMworld EMEA? If so, thanks for participating and exploring such a beautiful city with me!
Here’s a quick recap of the week:
- Monday – We started the week with a bang as we headed out to explore the tastes of the Catalunya region with a walking food and wine tour. This fun experience was sponsored by VMware NSX.
- Tuesday – It’s hard to visit Barcelona without seeing the majestic Montserrat, which is why we took the trip to this exquisite area. We even got to listen the Boys’ Choir. Thanks to Veeam for making this fantastic day possible.
- Wednesday – What can be said about a day that takes you to two countries? We began our day in Spain, had lunch in the French Pyrenees, explored more of France, then finished our day back in Spain. What a great day it was, courtesy of the support of VMware NSX.
- Thursday – The day that wrapped up our week at VMworld allowed us to stroll historic Roman Tarragona. We visited ancient ruins of the stadium, Roman wall, and other sites. We dined on handmade meals made by a local family who still uses wood-fired stoves to prepare some of the best food in the region. Again, an incredible day brought to us thanks to the support of VMware NSX.
The T-shirts, bags, and other goodies were also made possible by the support of TVP Strategy and VMUG. Without our sponsors—VMware NSX, Veeam, VMUG, and TVP Strategy —these events wouldn’t be possible, so be sure to thank all of them. Also, if you love what Spousetivities is doing and want to see more awareness of the activities in coming years, make sure to share your thoughts with the VMworld Events Team. You can email them using this address for Europe: [email protected] and this address for the US/North America event: [email protected]
If you didn’t get to join us, you certainly missed out, but don’t worry, 2017 promises to bring more once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to explore the world! If you want to be the first to know about upcoming Spousetivities tours and events, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and of course, you can find the latest information on my website as well. See you next time!